What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Source for steel AN fittings

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - I am looking for a steel AN823-8 fitting and Spruce is backordered until early June. I tried a search, but came up empty. Are there any other online suppliers I should check for steel AN fittings?

Thanks,
Jason

my local hydraulic hose shop stocks them at a pretty good price.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Any shop that makes hydraulic hoses usually have quite a selection of what they call JIC fittings exactly the same thing as steel AN's

Find a Parker Hose Shop. They will most likely have it there in the store. I have 3 locations here in Phoenix and they are all well stocked. They also carry Earl's fittings.

Morgan, JIC and AN are not the same, even though they look or resemble each other. NOT starting a flame war here, but different machining, class 3 threads and some different materials are the differences.

BUT---for experimentals, JIC adapters work just fine

Tom

Earls has them in stainless -

Earls or elsewhere, stainless is the ticket for fuel, because it ignores alcohol and other additives which may foster corrosion. I have seen ordinary ferrous AN fittings which looked like somebody stuffed them with steel wool.

Back