What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Kit Loans - other than First Pryority

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - I just spoke with Doug Smith at First Pryority bank and learned that they recently have elected to get out of the kit loan business. :(

I used them for my 7A project, and was planning on using them to finish up my 10... but I guess that I need to find an alternative.

Does anyone know of a similar bank that will help fund the kits/engine/avionics for ~24 months before they are flying?

Thanks,
Jason

LightStream Lending has a category for the purchase or refinance of a Boat/RV/Aircraft. I used them for my avionics loan. Fully online and almost completely automated, so just play your kit purchases as the purchase of a plane. ;)

I've reached out to NAFCO, as they are listed on the EAA website as offering financing for experimental projects. The person that handles these loans was out by the time I called, but I'll report back once I speak with them and see how their program works.

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-members...olutions/aircraft-kit-and-materials-financing

I spoke to them at OSH. They definitely do projects. The guy I spoke with mentioned a 5 year loan/10 year amortization as being typical. Once you get an airworthiness cert, you refi as a regular aircraft loan.

I used NAFCO for my 12 loan. Back then they liked to have the whole kit (engine and avionics) included.

Bob

Back