What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Duckworks Aviation

Scott Hersha

Well Known Member
Does anybody here know if Duckworks is still in business? I ordered a new landing light lens for my RV8 a couple weeks ago. The payment went through right away, but I haven?t heard anything from Duckworks - like shipping details. I?ve tried connecting with them via email, and called several times, but no one answers and the voice mailbox is full. It?s not a huge $ loss, but I?d like to move on if they are no longer in business. Anybody have any recent dealings with them?

Yea basically the same here with an order I placed a few weeks ago, finally go an email saying they 'thought' the parts had shipped but so far haven't received them. I've done business with them a number of times over the years and have come to expect they are a little slow to respond but have eventually always got the parts I ordered. The story is pretty much always the same, 'our email has been down'.

Last edited:
Can't comment on the status of business for them, currently. I ordered a light kit about a year ago and had the same experience. Radio silence and then one day it just showed up. I don't recall exactly how long it was, maybe an entire month. But, the credit card was charged and I received nothing until the light kit just showed up. Same great quality product, just very quiet about it.

Shipping was to Michigan.
FWIW

Last edited:
Same here. Immediate charging of my card, followed by a complete lack of communication.

We are here

Sorry for the poor communication with Duckworks lately. Between a hectic day job, 3 kids in sports and 4H, a toddler that is into everything and technical problems with email and phone, we have been hard to reach lately, and getting behind on some orders.

I assure everyone we are here. We will get your order to you. We try our best to get them out within a day or two, but we dont always get to do that.

We just got back from a camping trip, and should be able to get all orders caught up this afternoon.

Thank you for your patience. I have not been putting people off on purpose, and hate that I dont get to everything faster, but life has been getting in the way lately. Not trying to make excuses, just trying to explain if possible.

Thank you,
Richard Squires
Duckworks Aviation LLC

Sorry for the poor communication with Duckworks lately. Between a hectic day job, 3 kids in sports and 4H, a toddler that is into everything and technical problems with email and phone, we have been hard to reach lately, and getting behind on some orders.

I assure everyone we are here. We will get your order to you. We try our best to get them out within a day or two, but we dont always get to do that.

We just got back from a camping trip, and should be able to get all orders caught up this afternoon.

Thank you for your patience. I have not been putting people off on purpose, and hate that I dont get to everything faster, but life has been getting in the way lately. Not trying to make excuses, just trying to explain if possible.

Thank you,
Richard Squires
Duckworks Aviation LLC

I understand completely about life and its effect on small business ops. Delays are fine, but following these three suggestions would go a long way toward alleviating misunderstandings and hard feelings:

• Offer a realistic, best guess estimate of shipping time with every order.
  • Communications must be proactive and perfect, every time.
  • Never charge a credit card until the order ships.
If you can do those three things without fail, then most of us would be very understanding of the "life" excuse.

What??? You are not allowed to have a life outside your day-job!!! ;-)

-Marc

Thank you,
Richard Squires
Duckworks Aviation LLC

Richard sent me an email today, and I also got a message with shipping details, so it is on it?s way. I totally understand life events and appreciate the products he makes that I can?t get elsewhere. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Squires.

Back