What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Twin lakes

BABALU

Well Known Member
Stopped in at Twin Lakes on our way to Tenn. this past Sunday to check it out and get some fuel and im glad i did. Meet some great people , a core crew , super friendly and willing to help anyway possble. Im sure one could hear some amazing stories and and learn a few things if you had the some time to hangout.
We flew from MQI to EZF to 8(7A) over AVL and into Severville through turbulence and windy gusty conditions the whole away but my RV handled all of it, What an amazing little plane. Trip back on tues was a veriety pack, had to climb tp 10500 to get over clouds at mountain, rode the turbulence again for a few , little heavier this time , then flew between layers north of Greensboro had to do a 180 turn back find a hole get underneath , air was super smooth there my girl took a nap she had no idea , flew underneath for awhile then beautiful skies unlimited visibility. What a great trip and a learning experience. I love my RV and the aviation community both have changed my lifr for sure.
Thanks.
Planning a trip to eastern Oregon this summer any advice over rockies on the northern route would be appreciated.

I saw you on the ramp

I live on the airport, and hosted the RV fly-in at Twin Lakes last spring(35 RV's and Rockets attended)..was headed down from the back yard to chat and see your beautiful plane when you fired up for departure on that rather blustery day! We have a great gang of RV's and other cool stuff at 8A7, and there is always something going on. We have a spare bedroom and always open invite for anyone passing through. Even the infamous Vlad has spent a night there ( high entertainment value!). We had hoped to do the RV fly-in again this year, but job and family commitments made the spring planning difficult..perhaps I will put one together later in the year. See you next visit!

Casper, i know your RV8 , sorry we missed you. We could have definitely hung out and been social, next time.

Back