What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition training in Virginia- Introduction

trib

Well Known Member
I just wanted to let the group know that I am available for transition training in my RV-6A in Virginia at Chesapeake airport (KCPK).

A little about myself- I finished building my 6A in a short 13 years and began flying it in 2009. I have a bit over 500 hours in it now. I retired in January of 2016 after 33 years as a nuclear engineer. After receiving my transition training in 2009, I thought it might be something I would be interested in doing during retirement, so before I retired I obtained a LODA from the FSDO to allow me to perform transition training in my airplane. As soon as I retired, I went to American Flyers in Pompano and completed their CFI/CFII academy and obtained my rating (I highly recommend them if you are interested). I?ve now been instructing for about a year and decided I?ve gotten my feet wet and it was time to start up the transition training. I?ve also been fortunate enough to get a position flying right seat in a group of three corporate jets (Hawker and Challenger), which is a blast.

A little about N621TR- She is fixed pitch, O-360 and carbureted. Never given me any trouble and I am thankful to Van for giving us these versatile airplanes. Panel has a Dynon D100 EFIS for primary instrumentation with an analog altimeter and airspeed indicator for backup. There is also a Garmin 300XL GPS and Dynon autopilot with HS-34 if you want to try some instrument approaches during your training. I earned my Instrument rating in the RV and find this setup to be more than adequate, although not quite as capable as the Challenger! Engine instrumentation is a Vision Microsystems VM-1000C. Controls are the standard Cessna type push/pull throttle and vernier mixture. Elevator trim is the standard Van?s vernier manual trim with manual aileron trim as well.

If you are near the middle East Coast and need transition training before flying your just completed or purchased RV and the RV-6A fits your need, I would love to give you the training. Just contact me with your requirements and we will develop a plan to fit your needs. As an introduction, I am discounting the rate to $125/hr for the plane and instructor- cheaper than you can rent a light sport! No charge for ground discussion.

E-mail at [email protected], or cell is sevenfiveseven-650-3564.

Congrats Tim . Let me know next time your around CPK, so we can chat for a bit , plus I need to finish my IFR training if your interested.
Andy

Back