What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finally ..New paint on my 9

BABALU

Well Known Member
After more than 2 years of watching the paint falling off my plane, I finally got it off and painted my plane right. Trying to figure out how to post photos here from my iPad, hope the first image goes through, then I will add the rest.

fjBZspEitrdh3c176

Stage 1. Stripping
https://goo.gl/photos/dZdzBN45vRWrEtrA6

Last edited:
Thank you Frank
My friend Eric painted it for me , hes a pro, i built the booth and did some of the grunt work
I gotta tell you it was a full time job for six weeks , building the booth ,stripping, sanding and refinishing fiberglass , priming , painting and clearcoat.Im very pleased with the outcome , Eric put his heart and soul into it and appreciate his efforts.

Very nice Andy. I know the amount of work involved. I am working on the paint on my plane now. I figured since I watched Overhauled on TV, I was an expert on painting. I did my first masking lines making a curve on my wing. It looked more like a roller coaster than a nice even curve! I think I will stick to straight lines!!

You will be getting lots of complements. Very nice!

Thank you Rockwood, good luck with your project, 95% of the work is in the prep. Share some photos when you can.

Beautiful Work

Andy,
Very Nice!
The pictures don't show how much work is involved.
But anyone who has done it, appreciates how much work goes into the final pictures for sure.
I just completed my repainting project and like you, did the grunt work and hired a pro to guide me and do the shooting! I am happy.
No better feeling than getting what you want!
Happy for you.

Looking sharp there Andy. My 6A is going to need repainting here in the next
year or so. I am thinking of stripping, prepping and having it vinyl wrapped. I
already have a scheme picked out.

Back