What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FS: Gemini PFD

Pat Hatch

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Upgrading to the G5, have a Gemini PFD for sale for $600, shipping anywhere in the U.S. included. Installed on July 29, 2014 (one year of warranty left). Was working fine when I removed it a few days ago. Includes standby battery as shown. These items list for $1520 today.

Gemini

Pat

I'm interested in your Gemini. I currently have an ADI that gets funky now and then. The reason I went with the ADI for backup was because it operated in a manner that did not require mental interpretation as the EFIS sometimes will. Your Gemini looks like it will operate the same way. Do you agree.

Regards
Paul

Pat

I'm interested in your Gemini. I currently have an ADI that gets funky now and then. The reason I went with the ADI for backup was because it operated in a manner that did not require mental interpretation as the EFIS sometimes will. Your Gemini looks like it will operate the same way. Do you agree.

Regards
Paul

Paul, I'm not completely familiar with the ADI's operation, but my understanding is that pitch is rendered as a function of vertical speed whereas the PFD is actual pitch. Not sure if that answers your question.

Pat

Regards
Paul

Paul, I'm not completely familiar with the ADI's operation, but my understanding is that pitch is rendered as a function of vertical speed whereas the PFD is actual pitch. Not sure if that answers your question.

I can help. :) The pitch display on the ADI and the Gemini PFD are the same.

Gemini PFD is sold.

Paul, sorry, someone else claimed it just before you did, pending payment. I'll let you know if it doesn't go through.

Upgrading to the G5, have a Gemini PFD for sale for $600, shipping anywhere in the U.S. included. Installed on July 29, 2014 (one year of warranty left). Was working fine when I removed it a few days ago. Includes standby battery as shown. These items list for $1520 today.

Sorry I missed that one , would have bought it for sure . I'm really wanting the Gemini, only thing keeping from Dropping the coin is that I'm not sure if the screen is big enough for me to see clearly, anybody have any input on that?
Andy

Andy, if you're referring to bright sunlight, it is as view-able as the Garmin displays right next to it. Actually it can be seen quite clearly in all lighting conditions. Here's a photo of it in my panel:

Thanks Pat. Incredible panel you have there. Way beyond my means that's for sure.
I will go for the Gemini , I like that it can be connected to the pitot/ static. wish I had come across yours sooner that would have been perfect . I was leaning toward the GRT mini GA but it doesn't have Ability to be connected to the pitot /static .

Well ... just checked out the G5 , that will work for me. Pardon my ignorance , I'm new to all this and overwhelmed with all the incredible new technology . I need to stay far away from Oshkosh I'm sure , for my own financial well being.

Back