What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GPS 175 Cutout and Panel Support

aitor11

Hi!,

I'm killing time using CAD and designing my panel to be laser cut. So far I've been able to find information and basically design everthing, with the exception of the Garmin GPS175. Can any one share some light on cut-out dimensions (should be standard from what I've read) and what kind of support you made to attach the tray to the front panel, if any? Pictures or drawings would be perfect!.

Thanks in advance.

Aitor

GPS-175 mechanical drawing

Further to this thread, i wasn't provided with the installation manual for hte GPS-175 (wiring was done for me by an avionics outfit). I can't find the mechanical drawings. For my W&B I need the total weight with mounting tray, and the location of the C of G of the units.
Does anybody have this info?

C/G is 2.31" forward of the instrument panel. Unit weight with rack, backplate and connectors is 1.9 pounds.

In this case, behind is forward.

The GPS 175 is behind the instrument panel, but from a W&B perspective it is forward towards the front of the plane, and not aft.

You can get the GPS 175 installation manual by sending an email to [email protected]

Thanks! I assume you mean 2.31" aft of the instrument panel?

Yes, but that is forward in the aircraft. If you want to get precise, it is 2.31" into the unit from the back of the bezel where it meets the panel.

I actually used 2.8 lbs (to include the wiring harness, I don't recall how I got this number) and didn't adjust for the c/g. The resulting moment was 202, if I used the more accurate c/g, it would have a moment of 198 and would have changed my aircraft c/g by 3 thousandths on an inch. It's even less relevant since the official empty c/g is determined from weighing, not the equipment list.

Back