What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar space for 10 days

tcoverst

Hi all - I am starting to prepare for a hiking trip on the AT. I will be out for ten days hiking with my brother. Since I live in central IL, the biggest challenge is getting to the AT near where my brother lives in Fairfax, VA.
But, with an RV-9A, the biggest challenge turns into the most fun part of the trip. I am checking to see if anyone has hangar space for my hangar-queen RV-9A for ten days between August 25 and September 5,6 or so (dates are weather contingent for my flight out, but I am instrument rated).
If you are in that part of the world and have some space - let's talk.

Trip Details
Flying in and leaving my plane somewhere in the northern VA, MD, WV area to the west of Washington, DC. arriving August 25 or 26 and departing again September 5 or 6. I will be hiking on the AT in between those dates and will have all my travel to an from the airport arranged for already.
I can call small airports and arrange to pay an FBO, but I would rather make arrangements with one of you guys in this community. I am willing to pay for some space, but of course my goal is to save some cash if possible.
If you are interested, send me a PM or email me at [email protected] and we can discuss the particulars.
Thanks!
Tim

One more check in about this

Ok - I have spoken to KHGR, KOKV, KHWY and I have options for ramp space, but I wanted to put one last check into the VAF community to see if anyone has a corner of a hangar to stash my 9A in for 10 days between Aug 25 and Sept 5. I am flexible on where I fly in as you can tell from the airports I have checked with. Willing to pay up to $150 for some space. Could make a few bucks worth of avgas for you and help me out too. Reach out by PM or email if you have a possibility. Thanks
Tim

Back