What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ashville NC Hangar

pdecraene7a

Well Known Member
I will be flying to Ashville on the 22 or 23 and was wondering if there is any hangar space available at either AVL or Hendersonville

I will be flying to Ashville on the 22 or 23 and was wondering if there is any hangar space available at either AVL or Hendersonville

Check with John, who started the LancAir Brotherhood thread. He is based at AVL.

Have a good flight and enjoy Ashville. If you get a chance fly into GVL, park at the Runway Café, and Uber to downtown for a nice walk. Just make sure Uber knows you are at the Greenville Downtown airport or you will be waiting a while.

Last edited:
I'm sure Signature could find a place for you in their communal hangars. You could call Chuck, the General Manager and ask. Or are you looking to double up on an existing hangar for a couple days. I'm not sure an RV-7 would fit in my with my Lancair but I'd be willing to try. I know of one hangar where an RV-4 just moved out and the owner might be willing to fit you in, but I'm not going to volunteer for him. Bill?

Chuck's cell: (828) 490-2402 (He's a good guy.)

PM me, John is correct that my hangarmate recently sold so there is room. However there is complication. I will not be in Asheville that weekend. The fit of 2 RVs is tight enough that I would prefer to be present during parking both. If I use the RV for commute that week, the hangar will be empty. No issue. If that is the case, you are welcome to use in my absence. Could leave sliding doors unlocked. Lets talk Monday. Hangar state will be known then. If negative, you could continue arrangements with Signature.

Chuck the GM at Signature is a friend. I can put in a good word for you if you want to try to get hangar space there.

I'm heading to AVL in a couple hours. If Chuck is working today, I'll ask him what he recommends. May I assume your just spending one night there?

Ashville

I am spending several nights. My son just recently moved to Ashville so I will be flying down for visits whenever I need some grandkid time. Hangar space isn't that critical, I just thought if someone had open space I could use that would be nice. I have no problem being tied down outside.

Chuck wasn't working today so I spoke with the counter girl. For an RV-7 she thought the charge would be $64 per night in the community hangar. Outside tiedowns are $14 per night.

Back