What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Hxr PFD / Garmin G3X GDU375 MFD = Can it be done.

Maverick972

Well Known Member
Good evening fellow RVer’s

I am looking for your opinions, feedback, solutions.... if you will.

I am just trying to increase the capability of my RV7 without a major overhaul.
I invite your opinions and feedback so don’t hold back. Recently I purchased a very well taken care of GDU 375 from another member of the board. I wanted the XM radio capability. I got a great deal and the seller was a delight to deal with. Great for our community.

The objective is to use the Garmin 375 as my MFD... and try and tie it a little to the existing system. SO my challenge or asking for opinions is to see what route would others would go or have gone.

???Garmin transponder that sends ADSB to both? For example.. Have I just purchased a fancy moving map that was doing what my IPad was?

??? Sell it and buy a GRT unit for my MFD???

Points reference:
1. Jeff from GRT send me an email on on XM question, the level of service from them is solid like the equipment. EIS will not send info to GDU.

Here is my current setup
GRT HXr EFIS PFD
GRT EIS 4000
Trip T-22 transponder
Garmin 430W
Tru Track Vision autopilot

New ***Garmin G3X GDU375

I look forward to your posts. Sean

Much cheaper: wire your 430W (may need a $100 software upgrade if it doesn’t offer ‘adsb+’ format) to the TT22, for adsb-out. Buy a Skyradar D2 for adsb-in (Will only work on grt HXr) (I think I paid $500 for a factory refurbish unit). If you want xm music, just mount one of their little radios anywhere, throw the antenna on the glareshield. I won’t pay $35/month for xm aviation wx, adsb wx is just about as good and has never left me with no service, as xm has. Keep the G3X as a fully independent back up. For the most part, the grt and Garmin won’t interface.

Last edited:
Back