What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

uAvionix Skybeacon compatibility

UrbanM

Members,
I am going to fly an RV6A next week that is equipped with a Skybeacon from uAvionix. My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy S5e running Avare. I understand ADS-B and GPS data is available from the Skybeacon via bluetooth but I could not find specific reference on the uAvionix website. Does anyone have any experience with this combination and might want to elaborate?
Thanks
Kirk
RV12 Sold
Currently shopping for something faster- 6, 7, or 9.

Members,
I am going to fly an RV6A next week that is equipped with a Skybeacon from uAvionix. My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy S5e running Avare. I understand ADS-B and GPS data is available from the Skybeacon via bluetooth but I could not find specific reference on the uAvionix website. Does anyone have any experience with this combination and might want to elaborate?
Thanks
Kirk
RV12 Sold
Currently shopping for something faster- 6, 7, or 9.

It sounds like you are looking to receive ADS-B IN data through SkyBeacon. You will need the SkySensor for that. SkyBeacon is ADS-B OUT only.

The main bluetooth ADSB-IN device is the DualAv XGPS 170/190 series.

They are portable and work great with Avare on any bluetooth Android device.

Thanks for the responses. I get it now. I have ordered a Dynon DRX Portable for GPS and ADS-B in.
Kirk

Back