What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon - Airspeed low warning blocks turn/slip ball

JFCRV12

Well Known Member
As I learn the new airplane and the Dynon Skyview HDX, which I generally love.

One thing that bothers me is when in landing configuration and doing the base to final turn where stall/spin type mishaps are bad news/common and a little opposite rudder on roll out is needed; the warning for airspeed being low covers up the ball.

Is there anyway to move this label in the settings? I've searched the forum and the manual with no luck. Admittedly, I have not poked around in settings yet (which there was a simulator I could play with on down time).

Thanks!
John

I just looked at Dynons Release notes and I don't see anything mentioned about it, so perhaps I am remembering reading about others noting it and requesting it be fixed.

I can confirm the low airspeed warning covers the ball on the latest HDX software released just over a year ago. I also find it bothersome.

Call Dynon Technical Support and lend them your opinion on it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, if enough of you ask for change of the location of the warning.

I posted on this a few months back. Dynon says they are going to fix it. If you double push the AP disconnect button, it clears.

Fellas,

At what speed does the airspeed low warning annunciate?

HDX likely in my future, so interested in your experience. Sounds like they are on it, but still interested. Thanks!

Cheers,
Bob

Yep, it's annoying. It comes from the flight director, if you don't use A/P on a flight it won't show up and you can get rid of it by disabling the A/P and FD. Easy enough if you have the button module. The fact that it covers up the ball at the time when it is the most critical is just all kinds of bad.

Didn’t realize I could disable but just turning off flight director. Not using the FD at that time for sure. Nice to know, but still an extra unnecessary step.

Back