What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PMag and backup generator fit

Carl Froehlich

Well Known Member
All

Yesterday I installed the production verson of the six cylinder pMag on the RV-10. Install was simple and it functions as advertised.

As many are now adding a B&C backup alternator on their RV-10 I wanted to show how both fit. This is the 20 amp B&C 410-H alternator. I suspect that the larger 30 amp B&C 462 unit may not fit as well, both for the pMag and other interference. For a backup alternator it is way overkill anyway.

Carl
CF23-F196-2-A97-46-E4-83-CA-D636-AB4-DC654.jpg

Appreciate seeing this. I have the same BU Alternator and was curious how it would fit.

I plan in the next year to do a dual emag setup. Figured annual was a good time to mess with it.

EMAG Summary

Can either of you guys give a summary of how the 6 cylinder EMag setup works? I'm interested in a comparison between the emag technology and the EFII / SDS technology. Differences, similarities, costs if possible..

The manual shows quite a bit of info about them. https://emagair.com/downloads/

I'm not ultra familiar with any of the setups but my understanding is that the emags will create their own power similar to a traditional Mag if for some reason you lose ships power.

Back