What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV Owners in Shreveport?

Derek343

I'm a B-52 pilot at Barksdale. I'm interested in purchasing an RV. I would love to meet some local owners and maybe get a chance to get up in the air.

Thanks,

Derek

Im in Alexandria. Going to be in Shreveport in my rv on Friday.

email me at "my username" @ yahoo .com

Thanks! PM Sent!

Landing at KBAD is possible, but it takes some approvals. When I get my RV, I’ll see if I can fly you in.

Looking for RV contacts in the SHV area as well.

Gents,

Just joined VAF, Buff driver at KBAD as well. Looking for the same info as Derek. I'd like to buy an RV-8. In the interim, met some local VAF contacts.

-John

Derek,

Did you get hooked up?

-Rolex

Gents,

Just joined VAF, Buff driver at KBAD as well. Looking for the same info as Derek. I'd like to buy an RV-8. In the interim, met some local VAF contacts.

-John

Derek,

Did you get hooked up?

-Rolex

Hey Rolex, it's TREX. I spoke with Burgess who is building an RV14 and Leedom who has an RV-8. I haven't gotten a chance to see either of their planes. I found an RV-3 down in Houston that I'm looking at purchasing. I figure it's a good starter in the RV world.

Let me know how turns out. I've always thought a -3 would be the way to go if I could have multiple airplanes. Maybe in the future!

Gents,

-John

Derek,

Did you get hooked up?

-Rolex
Hi John,

My RV6 is located in Marshall, TX. However, I am traveling till early October. If you still wanting a ride I would be happy to take you up when I get back.

Hey Trent,
I'd love an excuse to get airborne. At a minimum pick your brain. PM me and I'll drive out when you're back.
Thanks,
-John

I'll let you know. Like everyone, I would love to fly passengers around with me, but I find that I mostly fly by myself. $33k vs $60k is quite a difference for a seat that will mostly stay empty. I figure at least it will give me a chance to really get a feel for owning an RV without a big investment.

Let me know how turns out. I've always thought a -3 would be the way to go if I could have multiple airplanes. Maybe in the future!

I'm fairly close

Derek,
I have a 7A based at F87 Farmerville, Louisiana.
I'd be happy to give you a ride and talk about RV's.

Mark

Back