What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Odyssey PC625 or PC680 (again)

rv6n6r

Well Known Member
Patron
There are some threads with this question and mostly the responses are about how one or the other battery is working for individuals, but nothing I can really pin down to answer why the PC680 over the 625? What's confusing to me is that the specs across the board are better for the PC-625, and it's two ponds lighter. I think the 680 has a metal jacket, is that the only reason to use that over the 625?

Among the battery experts out there, what's the deal?

Attachments

• odyssey_specs2.jpg
    odyssey_specs2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
The driving reason to pick the 680 is form factor (it is thinner). For firewall mounted batteries it seems to fit better.

I don't mount my batteries on the firewall and have used 625 batteries in the 8A, the 10 and now the 8.

I guess there is a version of the 680 that comes with a metal jacket but have never seen one in an RV, and cannot think of a reason to need one.

Carl

I recently replaced my legacy Concord batt with a Fullriver HC20, it's an Odyssey clone without the over inflated price tag!

FULLRIVER HC20 batteries do not seem to be available in the United States.
Some Chinese knockoffs are available that are "compatible replacement" for the FULLRIVER HC20.
The "replacement" batteries weigh 1.5 pounds less than the PC680 or FULLRIVER HC20
The "replacement" battery advertised amp-hour rating is likely exaggerated.

or EarthX

After reviewing some other threads I've just about convinced myself to spring for an EarthX next time. Expensive, but among other things the thought of dropping 10 lbs from my empty-weight with a drop-in replacement is super compelling.

Thread-drift but hey I'm the OP :rolleyes:

I opted for the EarthX in my 10
It starts on about the second blade every time
I also put in an A/C unit so I have plenty of weight in the tail.
I’m impressed with the power available with it

Back