What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great tech support from Tosten stick grips and Ray Allen servos

dabney

Well Known Member
Friend
When I bought my slightly used RV12 a couple years back the first thing I changed was moving the elevator trim from the panel to the stick. I had Tosten stick grips in another plane and loved them so I installed the Tosten CS-6 stick with the Tosten relay deck. After 150 hours + in use the elevator trim stopped working. I did my best at troubleshooting Checking the connections, power, ground and so forth without any success . I contacted Kevin at Tosten and discussed problem with him. He gave me advice on a few other wiring checks I had not done but offered to send me another relay deck. Simultaneously, I called Ray Allen and talked to Gary about the trim motor in the tail. Luckily, he not only knows his products but he owns an RV12. I had the upper and lower tail cone already removed so while I was on the phone with him he coached me on how to verify trim motor was working and stayed on the phone with me while I completed a couple tests and sure enough the trim motor was not the problem. He suspected a “short” between the relay deck and the trim motor. I finally found the short and I’m back flying.

I know to RV builders this would probably be an easy job, but as a non builder without Gary and Kevin taking their time to give me some “training” I would have been off to an avionics shop for who knows how long and how much $.

So a big thanks to them and their line of products

Back