What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8 Transition Training Review

Just wanted to take a moment and post my transition training experience.

I had no tail-wheel time prior to deciding I wanted an RV8. I contacted a few folks trying to find out who I could do transition training with since my insurance would require 10 hours. I found Alex at rvtraining.com

I wasn't sure if I could do my training in his 7 since I was buying an 8, but after a quick conversation with my insurance, they gave me the thumbs up. Apparently Alex is well known in the RV community and among insurance companies.

His instruction method was great. The training was structured and he did a great job taking a 0 tailwheel time, trike only guy and turning him into a tailwheel pilot. After purchasing my 8 I still continue to contact Alex and get a few pointers here and there.

Cant say enough about Alex's training.

10/10 would recommend Alex for anyone else looking for RV training needs. He also has multiple RV models, so I am sure he can give you training in whatever you need. He is also extremely affordable.

This is my independent review - non solicited nor paid.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions on my experiences.

Last edited:
RV transition training

Just finished my RV transition training with Alex D. this past weekend and I also give him the highest rating.
He is a great coach with a beautiful facility, first class RVs, and a top notch private environment in which to learn.
It was a pleasure to train there with Alex and well worth every penny.
One more thing. His RV-7 is air conditioned!

Back