What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics Wiring (and more) Technique

Ed_Wischmeyer

Well Known Member
Here's what I use to keep track of essential information on the RV-9A. This one page document lives on my iPhone, so I've always got it with me.

The avionics are documented at the serial port level but I also include all the settings of the serial ports. This way you can easily see what connects to what, and that is useful for figuring out what happens if one box fails or one link fails. That's much harder to do with a pin to pin wiring diagram, which won't fit on one page.

Some circuit breakers power multiple, related devices, and that's here as well. Also, what kind of alternator.

Model numbers and serial numbers for everything are on the list, in case you're off in Podunk and somebody decides to liberate something -- you can file a complete report.

Lastly, tire pressures...

This may not be perfect, but it's real handy.

(It looks like clicking on the thumbnail will download the pdf. This was done in Excel, but that's not an allowable format).

Attachments

• Avionics Settings Shareable.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:
Looks like a great QRC (Quick Reference Card) to keep at the front of your Operating Handbook.

Ed, excellent document. I have something similar for my -7A, but yours is much better. Thanks for sharing.

Rick W
7FL6
RV-7A Flying
RV-14A working on the Empennage

Back