Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-22-2020, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasilpereira View Post
I have been a satisfied Trutrak owner for a long time. Not only because their products were great, but specially because their support was outstanding!

Now Iím doing some changes on my installation and I tried to ask one technical question about my Sorcerer. Here is the answer Iíve got:

ď The sorcerer is end of life and is no longer supported. The manuals are not on the BK site as that is not a product we support.

I will be closing this case and you will be receiving an auto-generated survey asking to rate our performance. If you have more questions about this subject, just reply to this e-mail and the case will automatically reopen.

Thank you for contacting Bendix KingĒ

I donít think Iíll ever buy a Trutrak product again!

Fabricio
Wouldn't that, by extension, apply to other B-K products, as well?
Pete Hunt, [San Diego] VAF #1069
RV-6, RV-6A, T-6G
ATP, CFII, A&P

2020 Donation+, Gladly Sent
Old 07-22-2020, 03:26 PM

Sadly, this is just what I expected once the acquisition was announced last year. RIP Trutrak.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:53 PM

Default Mid Continent

I had a question about my Vizion 385 in my RV7a. Reached out to BK who referred me to Mid Continent as they apparently are handling repairs . Made a couple of calls to MC hoping to talk to their Tru Trak people but voice mails not returned and as yet no response to a detailed E mail.

Will keep fingers crossed that they will get back to me. I would like to know that a pathway to future repairs will be available.

Don Bodnar
Old 07-26-2020, 08:59 AM

Default Mid Continent

I did get through to the TruTrak guy at Mid Continent about my autopilot, and while he was very pleasant to deal with, it still boiled down to "buy a new one".
Old 07-26-2020, 01:01 PM

Well it looks like Andrew got his money from the sale of TruTrak and Bendix King eliminated a competitor. I hate to think how many abandoned TruTrac product owners are out there but when my autopilot dies it appears Iím going to have a major upgrade requirement.
Superior XPIO-360, Hartzel CS prop, Aerotronics panel with Dual GRT Horizon WS, EIS, Garmin 340, 335 w/WAAS gps, Dual 430s (non-WAAS), TruTrak 385 A/P with auto-level, Electric trim, Tosten 6 button Military Grips, FlightBox wired to WS, Dynon D10A w/battery backup, 406 MHz ELT. Custom Interior, New TS Flightline hoses, Great POH!
Retired - Living the dream - going broke!