What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Old way better for me

DaveO

Well Known Member
I am not reluctant to try something new, but I liked the old way of the forum. Where all the posts came up for me to view each time I logged on.
Maybe I have something set wrong, I do not know, but all I am seeing are the forum subjects in each classification. I have to search or look at each individual group to view all the posts.
Do I have a setting wrong? or is this the new normal?
Thanks
Dave

[ed. Hi Dave,

Nothing changed in the software - we just moved it.

The direct link to 'Today's Posts' is:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/search.php?do=getdaily

I'd suggest you set that as a bookmark until you figure out your browser issue.

v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not reluctant to try something new, but I liked the old way of the forum. Where all the posts came up for me to view each time I logged on.
Maybe I have something set wrong, I do not know, but all I am seeing are the forum subjects in each classification. I have to search or look at each individual group to view all the posts.
Do I have a setting wrong? or is this the new normal?
Thanks
Dave

Are you just trying to view the new posts? If so, click here http://www.vansairforce.com/community/search.php?do=getnew

It changed for me too. I found that if I entered Vansairforce.com I get a different result (page) than if I enter vansairforce.net in the url. I have to intentionally go to the .net to get the home page I used to get automatically.

This is with a Windows machine.

-Marc

Just click on

'Today's Posts'

upper left corner

"Today's post takes you to posts you have already read if you check in more than once a day. Vansairforce.com defaults to vansairforce.com/community. I like to read the home page for subjects that D/R finds interesting, and I always enjoy his "Off Topic" posts. I can still get there; it just takes a couple of extra clicks now. Not a big deal, just different.

-Marc

That happens to me sometimes when it forgets my login (don't know why that happens and it is very infrequent). When I login again, I usually have to go to the .net page and back to the forums before it returns to normal for me.

Thanks for the response. I think that I have done something on my end. I will work on it.
Dave

"Today's Posts" only gives you posts that have happened today.

"New Posts" gives you everything that's new since your last visit.

I only ever come to VAF through the "new posts" link, which I have bookmarked.

Back