What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin autopilot servo, canbus termination

I'd be surprised if the jumper were already there. Easy enough to pull the connector and look for pins in those sockets, as well as checking for continuity between the pins.

CAN bus termination

I have the Autopilot Servo Installation Kit from Vans including the WH-00118 WH-00119.

I am having trouble with very high network error rate on my canbus after installing the roll and pitch servos.

One potential error that might explain this is if there is no termination on my canbus. I have the servos at the opposite ends of my canbus.

Do I need to terminate pin3&4 by myself somewhere or is this done as standard on the 118&119 harness? :eek:

You can measure resistance across CAN hi and CAN lo on any intermediate LRU, if should be 60 ohms. If it is 120 ohms, you only have termination on the bus, if it is less than 60 ohms, you have more than 2 terminations.

The 2 LRU's on the very ends of the daisy chain need to be terminated, all other intermediate LRU's will not be terminated.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Justin

There are also separate terminator connectors that come with the GSA28 connector kit I believe so you might just want to look for those and plug them in.

Back