What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Duke Boost Pump Replacement?

dmat

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hey all,

My Duke pump is on the fritz and I would rather bite the bullet to replace it with a similar pump instead of re-plumbing everything for a AFP. My current boost pump is inside the engine bay on the firewall.

I have called around (QAA, CJ Aviation, Weldon) and no one seems to have heard of my Duke pump model number 5100-00-13 to point me in the right direction.

Anyone ever have this problem? Anyone know which Weldon or CJ pump will replace the Duke 5100-00-13 (12v) pump?

Thanks,
D

Last edited:
Send it up to Aeromotors in Wisconsin for a complete repair using better parts. No CC or paypal, cash or cheque. Check the capabilities list on the website. I just spent two hours on the phone with Ole at Aeromotors on another pump and motor issue. Excellent people with their own parts approvals and process approvals. They get rid of the problems that the Dukes pumps have.

I send the pump(s) up by USPS Priority with a return label. About a week to turn them around. I find the value much better than a QAA or CJ overhaul.

I realize the original post was from over a year ago, but I?ll provide another data point for the search engines.

The 21 year old Duke pump in my plane failed last fall. I was shocked at the ACS exchange prices so I searched for alternatives. Ended up using the place in Wisconsin. Sent the pump off with a check and it came back a week or 10 days later better than new.

The place is set up for regular certified aircraft so it came back with all kinds of official looking paperwork. Reinstalled it and works like a charm.

I think the cost was somewhere in the $450 neighborhood. If I remember correctly, I could?ve bought a new AFP fuel pump for less than the overhaul, but it would?ve needed new plumbing and mounting solutions and I wasn?t too keen to stand on my head for several days making it happen.

Very happy with their services. My pump is a 4140-00-17 if that matters.

Back