What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kansas City Downtown KMKC

RWoodard

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I?m hoping to fly my RV-3 to Kansas City for a wedding on August 10th. The airport most convenient to the wedding venue and lodging is Kansas City Downtown.

Can anyone make a suggestion or help me out with hangar space for Friday the 9th and Saturday the 10th? I haven?t called either of the FBO?s at MKC because I wanted to check here first. I?ve done a bit of searching on this forum and all I?ve gleaned so far is to stay away from Duncan Aviation for transponder checks!

I?m open to other nearby airports if the economics of hangar space dictate, but I?d need a rental car to get to the downtown lodging and wedding venue. My biggest concern is that there?s no way I?ll enjoy the wedding festivities if I?m worried about my baby sitting outside and exposed to Thunderstorm Season in Missouri!

Thanks!

KMKC is a great airport, sorry no contacts for T-Hangars. Atlantic has always treated me great on my day trips with the RV with crew cars etc, check with them on squeezing your RV behind one of the jets in the hangar.
I?m sure the community hangar at KOWI would have room, but it?s a solid hour to downtown.

As a follow up for search engine purposes...

I called both Signature and Atlantic, the FBOs at KMKC. Neither would take a reservation for hangar space. First come, first served only.

Atlantic quoted $100 per night and Signature wanted $71 per night.

Looks like I?ll be driving!

Hanger space

Check at klxt rd aviation ask for Richard lee summit airport is about 15 min drive to downtown ask for courtesy car.

Back