What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone use the Matco Intensifier kit?

dreed

Well Known Member
Hi All-

Since I ordered the new 7A mount/nose gear I have been looking at other options/upgrades while I wait for it.

I have the Beringer nose wheel and it is gorgeous and have been pondering their mains/brakes too. I see that Matco has a sleeve kit that would get the original master cylinders to the same bore as the Beringer ones and save me ~$1600 or so and quite a bit of time. The Beringer stuff is beautiful and if money and time were no objects it would be a no brainer but...

http://www.matcomfg.com/MASTERCYLINDERINTENSIFIERKIT-idv-3282-46.html

Has anyone tried this or have any experience with them? Looks like I could use this, then would only need to build new lines from the external connections down to the wheels.

Thanks!
dan

Have people with A models been running out of braking performance, with excessive pedal pressure needed?

hey Charlie- I was thinking of using this in conjunction with the Beringer wheels/brakes for a couple reasons on the wheel/brake side without replacing the master cylinders and plumbing in the cockpit.

The Beringer masters are .5" bore. The kit converts the standard Matco masters to the same size and therefore should be the correct pressure ratio for the Beringer calipers. I wouldn't use them on the standard calipers.

The reasons I am interested in the Beringers include:

Tubeless
Ball vs. taper bearing
Easier servicing

Last edited:
Ahh... makes sense. I really hate dealing with the Cleveland bearings at annual, and tubeless would be great, too. I've got a pair of old 6x6 pulloffs from a Citabria running tubeless on spun aluminum one-piece wheels on a Kolb Twinstar, & haven't added air in two years.

Charlie

I?ve used the intensifiers multiple times. They work great and are cheap. I?m using them on planes with Bushwheels to help correct for some poor geometry in the master cylinder setup.

Back