What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Inverted Oil Installation

rvflyerUk

Just wondering if anyone can offer a suggestion or two;

I'm installing christen inverted oil into an Rv7 that has an XP-IO360 with cold air induction.
Issues are that the Vans brackets aren't usable because the inverted oil return line goes to a union to the front of the sump to the right of the starter, preventing the Vans bracket being installed.

Although I have seen the mixture run under the cold air induction spider and above the exhaust, the risk of it being cooked by the exhaust is significant.
A heat deflector attached to the exhaust would probably be insufficient.

Just looking for suggestions on a solution.

Another issue is obtaining an alternate mixture lever from Precisiion Airmotive is proving difficult - they sell it but only through their distributors, but none have any!! I'm also very surprised at the poor support offered by Superior.

Krea Ellis - reply

Hi Krea,

Many thanks for making the effort to help; However, I have the crossover exhaust from Vetterman which means it will likely cook my mixture cable.

The devil seems to be in the detail of my specific installation. I am about to give up on having inverted oil!

Oil return line

Hi Krea,

Last question, I looked at you r photos, where does your oil return line enter the sump?

In addition to a heat shield, I used 1.4" ID fire sleeve on my mixture and throttle cables. Spruce has it.

Back