What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fredericksburg RV Fly In

Tankerpilot75

Well Known Member
I hate to be the first (but I?m sure others are considering it) but I have cancelled my reservation at the Hangar Hotel for March 27 - 29. It?s now available if someone else wants the room.

This Covid-19 virus scare is closing schools, churches, restaurants, event attractions, etc. here in Oklahoma and other places. Hopefully next year we?ll be able to participate in this growing event. Fredericksburg is a great fly-in locale.

I'd like to as well. Only thing that crosses my mind... in IIRC Italy they shut down general aviation. I hope that doesn't happen here. What a PIA that would be to fly off someplace and have to leave the plane rent a car and drive home. Not to mention the logistics of going back to bring the plane home.... whenever.

Last edited:
Not likely

I'd like to as well. Only thing that crosses my mind... in IIRC Italy they shut down general aviation. I hope that doesn't happen here. What a PIA that would be to fly off someplace and have to leave the plane rent a car and drive home. Not to mention the logistics of going back to bring the plane home.... whenever.

I'm not sure how that could even happen.
It'd be akin to banning driving a car.
Even at a controlled field, if the ATC went on quarantine, it'd revert to class E, no?

Fredericksburg

On the ground in Fredericksburg. It doesn?t look good all restaurants and bars are closed for dining in beginning Friday night. Carry out and drive through only. Tonight is the last night for the Officers Club for at least the rest of March.

On the ground

Bill is busy with important issues of his own. I believe we can cancel the Fredericksburg RV fly in as local RV pilots, Judie and I don?t think there is anything positive that we can do. The restaurants, bars and most stores are closing, even the wineries and the museum are closed. We do have a positive case, a nurse at the hospital. This will have a ripple affect in the whole community. Judie and I are making one more trip for groceries tomorrow and then we are retiring to the Nut Farm to work and sit on the front porch with an adult beverage.

Back