What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Denso alternator 2100208 question....

William

Well Known Member
Hi I would like to purchase a denso 2100208 alternator for use in my Rv10. The mounting and amperage output of this alternator will work nicely for my application but I prefer it to have the 3 prong. Anybody know the part number for a the equivalent with a 3 prong connector?

Thanks
Bill

Hi I would like to purchase a denso 2100208 alternator for use in my Rv10. The mounting and amperage output of this alternator will work nicely for my application but I prefer it to have the 3 prong. Anybody know the part number for a the equivalent with a 3 prong connector?

Thanks
Bill

It appears to be this one. If you get one from a junkyard you can cut off the connector and graft it on. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alternator...fits-94-97-Honda-Accord-2-2L-L4-/402352399484

Pretty common alternator on homebuilts but often you will need to fab up a mount and order an appropriate pulley.

Puzzled.

I googled that part number and it comes up with a 3 prong connector every time.

Oops, I zoomed and that is indeed a 4 terminal connector.

Last edited:
Only reason I prefer to get a alternator with 3 terminal plus the b lead is I read a post from Ross Farham (RV6ejguy) that he recommends the 3 terminal as apposed to the 4 terminal ; I know he is quite knowledgeable in this subject so I never messaged him to ask why.

I also read the following message from a post from (Ralph Inkster) Caution on installing some Accura/Honda alternators, they are not all alike - some year applications of Hondas have 0 to 5 volt inputs to the connector pin we know as 'I' (indicator), they use this to step down amperage output when car is idling. If you apply 12 volts as suggested in most generic alternator wiring drawings to this pin (as is used with Plane Power wiring instructions), the alternator will roast itself in about 5 minutes. So, if you are hunting for something different than what others here have had success installing - consult a good year/model specific car repair manual to see that your choice is compatible with your plane wiring schematic.

Does anyone know if the denso 2100208 is a alternator that has 0 to 5 volt inputs to the connector pin we know as 'I' (indicator)?

Thanks
Bill

Only reason I prefer to get a alternator with 3 terminal plus the b lead is I read a post from Ross Farham (RV6ejguy) that he recommends the 3 terminal as apposed to the 4 terminal ; I know he is quite knowledgeable in this subject so I never messaged him to ask why.

I also read the following message from a post from (Ralph Inkster) Caution on installing some Accura/Honda alternators, they are not all alike - some year applications of Hondas have 0 to 5 volt inputs to the connector pin we know as 'I' (indicator), they use this to step down amperage output when car is idling. If you apply 12 volts as suggested in most generic alternator wiring drawings to this pin (as is used with Plane Power wiring instructions), the alternator will roast itself in about 5 minutes. So, if you are hunting for something different than what others here have had success installing - consult a good year/model specific car repair manual to see that your choice is compatible with your plane wiring schematic.

Does anyone know if the denso 2100208 is a alternator that has 0 to 5 volt inputs to the connector pin we know as 'I' (indicator)?

Thanks
Bill

Bill, you need more help. The plug # is 294, here is an article on the Honda connections. It has two computer connections, one is 5 volts. The control is all integrated into the regulator. This was found in a search, but you need full understanding to properly connect this thing. Good luck.

Bill, you need more help. The plug # is 294, here is an article on the Honda connections. It has two computer connections, one is 5 volts. The control is all integrated into the regulator. This was found in a search, but you need full understanding to properly connect this thing. Good luck.

Thank you BillL for your help.

Bill

Back