What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Countersinking F-1004K

msmst25

Well Known Member
Still at work on section 29, and just wanted to resolve a question. On page 29-11 it shows the #30 holes that should not be dimpled, but I’m guessing there is a typo in the diagram and that the aft-most hole in the forward skin should also not be dimples, and that the F-1004K should not be countersunk.

https://flic.kr/p/2kbuPgo

interesting...

Yes the never ending section 29!!! My 2006 vintage plans has this on Sec 29-11 not -15 and is labeled revision 0. Mine have an arrow that points at that hole from the "do not dimple" note. Fair to say that something has changed. What gets attached their is the piece that the wing root covers screw into.

Look in Section 44 Wing Attachment for the rivet callout for that hole. In my plans it is in section 44-10 and calls for an AD470AD4-5 rivet. Either yours is different or they changed the rivet called out for that hole.

Thanks. I had briefly looked ahead, but didn’t think that the wing attachment was going to be in this set of plans, so I missed it. Page 44-10 shows that it is a 470 river.

Back