What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Stands Needed

JoeG

Well Known Member
I'm getting ready to fabricate 2 sets of steel wing stands. I'll be working on my wings in parallel.

If anybody in the D/FW area has a couple of wing stand sets laying around that you could part with let me know. Otherwise I'm going to get some welded together next week.

Hey, it's a good excuse to buy a welding rig, right? :D

Joe,
I've got a wing stand that you are welcome to if you want to come get it. It's not welded steel. It's wood. But it's been in service for about 15 years and still works fine. Right now it's supporting a -9 horizontal stabilizer and a table. I'm in Farmersville about 15 miles east of McKinney. 972-784-7544.

Free standing?

Mel,

Is it a free-standing configuration or does it need to be anchored at the top?

I'm in a hangar now and the ceiling is about 15 feet high. I have a way to anchor the top if necessary, but I thought free-standing might be less complex.

By the way, I'm still available for that demo flight whenever you have the time :)

Joe,
Guess I missunderstood you. I think you are looking for wing "jigs". What I have is wing cradles to store the wings. Right now my -6 is scattered all over the hangar. I'm fitting a new panel and raising the radio stack is not co-operating. I promise we will get that ride in eventually.

What I meant to say...

Yes, Jigs are what I was referring to. Thanks for the offer though.

Seems like it's taking me longer to prepare for the wing build than it will take to actually build them!

Back