What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

back at it

Mike Coady

Well Known Member
Well it has been almost a year since I have been able to do any serious building on my RV7A. I finally have resumed the building process again and I maight say with a new vigor. I recently finished my tail assembly and have it installed, rudder cables attached, wiring to the tail and trim. Installed the fuel pump, fuel and brake lines. I ordered a few extra parts and am about ready to order my finish kit. I'M rethinking adding a second pitot static system with heat since I am proabably going to use my RV IFR at times. Anyway, it's sure great getting back into the fun of building and seeing progress moving towards an eventual completion. I still find myself scratching my head as I think through those problematic times trying not to make mistakes but, I'm back!

Congrats and welcome back, Mike. Your experience is one of my great fears: I'm committed to working at least a little on my project every day, but I worry some setback will come and then I'll lose momentum. It's great to hear occasionally from builders like yourself who have left then returned, because I'm afraid the opposite story--leaving and then never quite getting back to it--is the much more common case.

Best wishes on a successful push all the way to first flight!

--
Stephen

Congrats

Congrats on the new found vigor for the project. I'm with you, I moved from Vegas to East TN last summer. Between moving prep, settling in projects, kids and a new job I was out of the game for almost a year. I thought about selling the project and shopping for a flying RV. Thankfully, my wife wouldn't hear of it and practically locked me in the shop until the 'juices' got flowing again.

Have fun!

Brian
RV-7, N9823W
Wrestling with canopy frame!

I'm right there with ya, Mike. Just started up building again after about a two year pause. Working away at the second wing and looking forward to the fuselage build.

Well, it looks like I'm not alone. After my RV was placed on the back burner for a few years during a rough career snafu, things have turned around and I'm back at it and loving it! Brian, you and I must be married to the same woman. She's always kicking me out into the shop to get'er done!

Everybody, keep smashin' those rivets!!

Brad

Back