What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV DOWN in Arlington

txaviator

Well Known Member
There is an RV down (possible 6A or 7A) at the NW corner of Green Oaks and Pioneer Parkway (aka Spur 303). This is due north of the Lake Arlington Golf Course, across 303. My dad just called me and saw the accident site, and said they just took the pilot to the hospital. Sounds like it happened within the past hour. My dad said he can't get within 100-yards of it but a fireman told him the pilot reported engine problems. It is an A-model, flipped over on its back. The fireman also told my dad that the gear(s) dug some really big trenches upon the emergency landing. It is mainly white, with what my dad said looked like a black 'spear' type stripe down the side, and possibly a maroon upper color on the fuselage.

Let's all pray the pilot is OK.

Take care,

N6JD on the local NBC news, upside down. Pilot walked away--thank goodness. Plane didn't look good.

Joe

Last edited:
Most important part... "The pilot's injuries are not life-threatening " according to wfaa.com. -Jim

Pilot injured after landing plane upside down

09:54 PM CDT on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

By WFAA-TV Staff Reports

WFAA-TV ARLINGTON - A 67-year-old pilot was taken to the hospital after he crashed his home-built aircraft near the Lake Arlington Golf Course.

The pilot took off from the Arlington Airport, and had gone just six miles when something went wrong. The plane was landed upside down.

The pilot's injuries are not life-threatening

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090414_mo_upsidedown.d6ac9006.html

Last edited by a moderator:
yup N6DJ. Registered to Don Jordan of Arlington. An RV-6A according to the FAA site.

Thanks for the updates...

That is fantastic news that the pilot walked away (according to the reports you'll cited). I missed the news since I am up to my neck in last-minute tax stuff.

The important part is Mr. Jordan, and I am glad to hear your updates. GREAT initial reports on his status.

Thanks-

Very, very glad Don's injuries aren't life threatening. Flew over that exact spot on my way back to 52F yesterday morning (vfr corridor for the area). Not a lot of flat stuff out there without houses on it. Good on ya, Don!

Back