What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NEW RV-8 JOINS VANS FLEET

chrispratt

Well Known Member
On Saturday September 26, 2020, Dallas EAA Chapter 168 recognized Tom White and his newly certificated RV-8 with the presentation of a First Flight plaque. The presentation was held at Tom’s hangar based at Northwest Regional Airport (52F) and coincided with a First Flight recognition for another 52F based aircraft on the same day (see photo and caption). Mel Asberry signed off both aircraft the same day. About 20 Chapter members and family were on site for the outdoor event. Congratulations to Tom. The RV grin is very evident.

Tom White and his new RV-8. EAA Chapter 168 presents a First Flight plaque to all its member builders who have completed a new aircraft’s first flight. (I have mine from 2005 on my den wall.)

Michael Stephan, Dallas Chapter 168 president (on right) presents a First Flight plaque to Tom White while Greg Schroeder second from left receives a similar plaque for his newly flown Glastar. Both aircraft first flights were the same day and both were signed off by DAR Mel Asberry, long time Vans Air Force friend and founding member of Dallas EAA Chapter 168.

Back