What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GMU 11 Network error

mill2978

Well Known Member
I've added a GMU 11 to my G3X and am getting a network error, however the CAN BUS Is working enough to pass along the serial number, software version, etc. It also shows a network error rate of 0%. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

The roll servo in the right wing was the end of the can bus previously(other end is the pitch servo by the bell crank). I removed the jumper that indicated it was the end and am using the can bus terminator at the GMU 11. I've verified voltage, double checked power pins, can bus pins, shield grounds, the node splices I made in the wing at the auto pilot servo,etc. It all checks out. :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 97
Aaron,

You say you "added a GMU 11 to your G3X" system, so do you still have a GMU 22 magnetometer?

You can't have 2 magnetometers trying to be #1, so if you still have the GMU 22, the GMU 11 will need to be strapped (connect pin 3 to pin 6) to be #2.

A strapping error of this type will cause the Interface Status to show the "Network Error" you are seeing.

Steve

Just a quick thought - Did you Configure magnetometer installation orientation of the GMU 11 in the config setup? I'm not sure that would cause a network error, but . . . ?

Thanks!

Aaron,

You say you "added a GMU 11 to your G3X" system, so do you still have a GMU 22 magnetometer?

You can't have 2 magnetometers trying to be #1, so if you still have the GMU 22, the GMU 11 will need to be strapped (connect pin 3 to pin 6) to be #2.

A strapping error of this type will cause the Interface Status to show the "Network Error" you are seeing.

Steve

Thanks, the missing jumper was the issue. I installed the jumper, that allowed me to enable to second AHARS and the GMU 11 now shows up in the LRU list without errors.

I had wrongly assumed that since the GMU 22 isn't on the CAN BUS directly that the jumper was only needed if I had multiple GMU 11's.

Back