What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alternator Belt

Skot7ac

Hi all, getting close to installing the prop and would like to replace the alternator belt. Can anyone point me to the correct part number? O-360 with a standard alternator pulley.

Thank you,

Scott

Someone (here I believe) uses a make your own length belt that you don't need to take the prop off to change the belt............

The Dayco 15355 V-Belt or Gates 7355XL V-Belt will fit the 9 3/4" diameter ring gear support pulley. On my previous RV-8 I found that the Gates 7360 V-belt (which some recommend) was a smidge too long and allowed the alternator pulley to rub on the lower cowl. The Dayco 15355 V-Belt worked fine.

YMMV!

I use the Dayco 15360 V-belt. The last 3 digits are it’s length so mine is 36.0” long. I bought a 15365 but was a tad to long.

Length will be dependent on which alternator mounting bracket you have. when I had the original bracket that came on my Aerosport Power IO-360-B1B I used the 36.5”. When that bracket cracked I changed to the alternator bracket Van sells and I now only use a 36.0” or I get rubbing on my cowl.

Back