What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

aircraft painting

RV12 Painting

We are not near your area, however we used a local automobile painter with a paint booth.
He did an excellant preparation and finish paint job.
The cost was $ 4,000 total labor and materials. We transported the wings then the fuselage on a trailer.
Get some local reccomendations, surely you have profesionals in your area that can do an excellent job.

There is an aviation paint shop on the Sturgis, Mi airport, ID: KIRS, 82 nautical miles from Kokomo. My friend had his RV-12 painted there and they did a good job. I think it cost around $6000.
Joe Gores

KALEWIS just got his RV12 painted in the area. Send him a PM or he will respond if he see this post.

111nyn9.jpg

Hey.

Yes, DESAPI in Cadiz,OH (eastern Ohio). Best shop around. Dgamble has his 12 there now. With paint shops, you get what you pay for. I know people use auto shops, but be careful there.... Cars don't fly :). (Sorry Terrafugia) From Kokomo, you are w/in two hours I would think.

Email me with any questions.

Kyle

[email protected]

Painting near Chattanooga

Put this in the "For what it's worth" column.
I am having my 12 painted in Chattanooga at an 18 wheeler truck center. They will prime and paint the plane one solid color. Their paint booth is big enough to hang the wings vertically. After baking, I will take it to my local "hot rod" shop to add some pazazzzz.

Speaking of which...to see the last vehicle I added some pazazzzz to, see:
http://www.glovesinc.com/media/catalog/product/cache/963X452/Scion_Banner_Slide.jpg

Perhaps, the way I fly, I should have this painted on the PASSENGER side of the aircraft:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zhjq7yrmqdl9uz/Doc1.doc

Last edited:
Aircraft painting in SW Michigan

I can second the recommendation of Sturgis Aviation. They painted my RV-7A three years ago and it still looks like new. I get many compliments on the paint job. Danny and Dave are very easy to work with, have painted many RVs, and are just great folks.

We have a shop on OVO (North Vernon) that has done several RV12s, and other RVs as well. He will be doing our second Eagle's Nest RV-12 starting next week, so it is obvious I like the work. Easy to deal with, skilled, and reasonable. You can call Rodney, 812 592-9600 and tell him I sent you. I know he has openings in the next month as I dropped off some work there today and he told me.

Bob Kelly

Back