What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Regular or Super slider Koger Sunshade

ALagonia

Well Known Member
I have an RV9 slider. My wife wants me to order the Koger Sunshade. After yesterday?s flight with strong sun I agree. We need a sunshade. Is there a preference as to which size, the Regular or the Super?
I?m leaning towards the Super. Any drawbacks due to extra width and length? What is the preferred method of installation, adhesive or screws?
Comments from users would be appreciated.
Thanks

I had the super size one on my first -7 but actually found it to be too big... I?m going with the regular size one on my second -7 build.

Sun in the 2 place RVs is a massive problem. In my opinion a Koger sunshade is mandatory equipment. Vans should supply them with the kit. I have the Super Size model on my RV7A and it is just a fantastic product. I don?t know why anyone would want anything smaller with less sun coverage.

Large

Sun in the 2 place RVs is a massive problem. In my opinion a Koger sunshade is mandatory equipment. Vans should supply them with the kit. I have the Super Size model on my RV7A and it is just a fantastic product. I don?t know why anyone would want anything smaller with less sun coverage.
Agree 100%. I had the large size in my RV6A.

Super Size

Agree! I installed my Super Size Koger with screws. RV-7 Slider

Merrill

Sun in the 2 place RVs is a massive problem. In my opinion a Koger sunshade is mandatory equipment. Vans should supply them with the kit. I have the Super Size model on my RV7A and it is just a fantastic product. I don’t know why anyone would want anything smaller with less sun coverage.

+1 on this. I have the super size in my 9A and love it. Vans really should include this in the finish kit.

Thank you all for helping me make the decision. Super size it shall be. Placing my order today. Just got down from a short morning flight and Sure could have used the shade.

How is the clown 9 doing Al? Sounds like you are enjoying it. If I recall, Bill R gave you some 9 time? I'm hoping to get a little as well as I'm headed to SC in early June. He gave me a good reference for BBQ as well.

Cheers,

Ed

How is the clown 9 doing Al? Sounds like you are enjoying it. If I recall, Bill R gave you some 9 time? I'm hoping to get a little as well as I'm headed to SC in early June. He gave me a good reference for BBQ as well.

Cheers,

Ed
The clown plane is doing great. And yes, Bill really helped me get comfortable with the little wheel in the back. He has also been a great resource for my many many questions. Bill s a great source for information on all sorts of things.

Back