What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

-7 tail wheel spring dimension needed

von_flyer

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Can someone help me out with the diameter of the tail wheel end of the tail wheel spring as Vans is shipping today? This is for a RV-7.

Thank you

The end of the stinger where the two bolts are drilled through that attaches the mount base for the tail fork measures .640.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
After re-reading your dimensions... To clarify, this is the dimension of the spring itself? The end that enters the tail wheel yoke/knuckle/top part?

I don't mean to argue. Your 0.640" dimension may be correct on your part, but I think you'll find that it is actually 0.635" on virtually every Langair produced RV tailspring out there.

If you were to ream the tailwheel mounting housing to 0.640", you'd be very, very unhappy with yourself. Even 0.636" is too loose. Both spring and housing should measure 0.635"

I may have made a few (hundred) of these... :rolleyes:

Thanks Vince. It will be a bit before I can measure mine but was told I may have an issue, sounds like I may be ok though. I think my source who raised the yellow flag has something else he was using for comparison.

All good ACB. My other offline resource raised the flag and I was 1200 miles from him and my pieces and parts. I knew the data was close at hand here on the forum.

Thank you

Back