What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7 Finish Kit Inventory

AlphaCharlieBravo

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Ready to order finishing kit for RV7 tipper. Ive got a number of items already, Grove wheels&brakes, engine mount (dyna 2) and gear legs and plan on using extended James Cowl.
Looking to see what else is on the list that I would need or to substitute.
Thank you.

acbarros at comcast dot net

Finish kit

Ready to order finishing kit for RV7 tipper. Ive got a number of items already, Grove wheels&brakes, engine mount (dyna 2) and gear legs and plan on using extended James Cowl.
Looking to see what else is on the list that I would need or to substitute.
Thank you.

acbarros at comcast dot net

Figure out which canopy tint you want. You can custom order it. I chose the SC-15 UV canopy.
If you plan a different powder coat color for weldments, order them bare and have them powder coated the color you want.
FYI
When you start looking for the wing root fairings they are taped to the bottom of the Finishing kit crate.

I'd also be having a good hard think about engine mount length. If you plan on using any of the light propellers, I'd be considering using an IO-360 engine in a 320 mount to get that cg forward, as the -7 is renowned for being tail heavy with anything but the 200hp and aluminum cs prop up the front. Definitely worth digging into. I think there are a few posts on the forum addressing this.
Tom.

Back