What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Diesels

SantosDumont

Well Known Member
I'm at the point where I'm starting to research engines for my 14. The latest threads on the CD-155 or CD-265 are a few years old now... are they any more available or are they still pretty much a certified only option?

There is a "Get a Quote" button on the bottom of their information page. Give it a try & advise us what their response was.

Welp I did get a quote and they came back and told me they?re only selling to OEMs. Guess I gotta find a used one on ebay.

JOSH---its not just the availability of the engines, but there is literally no support for installing one in a 14. You will be on your own! So, unless you are highly proficient in plumbing, fiberglass, metal fabrication, and just like building things then rebuilding them, and then starting over-----you might rethink this. NOT wanting to burst your bubble, but you become the engineer.

OH---what about the prop and other accessories----that can also prove to be a
"challenge".

Email me!
Tom

OSH, 2009, I had the privilege of having an extended conversation with a Cessna engineer at the C-182 V-8 diesel powered model.

The major point I recall, relevant to the referenced 4 cyl. Lycoming diesel is Cessna went to the V-8 configuration to reduce the combustion firing impulse to levels manageable by a propeller.

Don't think propeller tech has advanced that much, wonder what Lyc has done? Maybe the issue is one reason why collaboration is offered?

FWIW

Back