What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NC airplane tax

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
I'm looking into relocating to NC and wanted to know if there is an annual aircraft personal property tax. I will be based at Western Carolina Regional(Andrews - KRHP).

Last edited:
There are personal property taxes in NC. They are county based so I can’t give you an amount for that county.
Edit: Looks like 4.60 cents per thousand dollars of value. Valuation on experimental aircraft is often what you can talk them into. Avoid moving the aircraft there until January and you will avoid paying 2020 taxes.
G

Last edited:
My plane is hangared in Asheville. Each year I pay $158 in County tax and $129 in City tax. The assessor has a book listing valuations of factory-made aircraft, but you'll have to negotiate with them for your experimental. I took a bunch of Trade-a-Plane advertisements to justify my valuation.

Thank you all.
I ended up finding the rate on the county website. You're correct. It's .46 per 100.
It should cost me < $300. I would save that much on my first hangar payment. :)
I should be up there next year at this time. I'm looking forward to getting together with you all up there & flying to new locations.

Last edited:
Back