What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTR200B

Can someone give me some easy to follow instructions on how to get My Garmin 660 to communicate with my G5 and Garmin GTR200B?
The wiring is correct according to Stein Air but I cant seem to get a clear picture out of the manuals on all the settings to cause them to communicate with each other.

Thank You.

Can someone give me some easy to follow instructions on how to get My Garmin 660 to communicate with my G5 and Garmin GTR200B?
The wiring is correct according to Stein Air but I cant seem to get a clear picture out of the manuals on all the settings to cause them to communicate with each other.

Thank You.

Hello Mike,

The Aera 660 has 2 RS-232 ports. Hopefully Stein Air wired only one of the RS-232 ports to both the G5 and the GTR 200B since 1) they can both listen to the same data stream out of the Aera 660 and 2) this keeps the 2nd RS-232 port free to connect to something else like an ADS-B traffic/weather receiver.

Setup the Aera 660 RS-232 port (either 1 or 2) which is connected to the G5/GTR 200B to "Aviation In/NMEA & VHF Out".

Aera660 NMEA_VHF_OUT.png

Next, make sure the RS-232 port on the G5 is set to "NMEA" and navigation is enabled.

G5 NMEA.png
G5 Navigation.png

The GTR 200B is already configured to listen to the VHF Out from the Aera 660.

Steve

Back