What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advanced panel pics please

dwranda

Well Known Member
My advanced panel from AFS is being designed now and I would like to see some pics of where you guys installed the behind the scenes goodies. Seems like the advanced control module is usually on the left side of the sub panel. Any pics of sub panels and where the radio, ems module, etc are along with wiring runs would be very helpful. Thanks!! Dave

Feel free to thumb through this gallery of a full AFS panel install, and some other fixes:

https://www.overthehills.com/Airplanes/Panel-Update-for-Josh/n-FqhrR3/i-KDKBD5n

Okay, this is amazing and not just your panel install. The amount of information for a new owner contained in your photos and captions is a gold mine for someone like me.

I have so many questions now...

And. I'm also somewhat inspired to try doing my own panel when the time comes. It's not all that different from wiring up phone systems, it seems....

:D

I have an RV9A tipup and had hard time making things fit. I used an aftermarket forward top skin access panels to place the backup battery and remote audio panel up front. Vans now sells this type of access panel as an option.

Bruce Hill's build site has been a life saver for me more times than i can count. This panel install is no different.

Bruce Hill's build site has been a life saver for me more times than i can count. This panel install is no different.
Glad to help!
The AFS panel came with a whole set of wiring diagrams, and the installation manual online has detailed instructions for placements of the components for several types of installations. In this case, the RV-7 diagrams will work just fine for a -9. There are also wiring instructions for use with the RV-14 factory harness. The placements need to be respected, since many of the harnesses provided have only so much length, and they assume you are following the directions.

Back