What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PULSE OXIMETER (OPTIONAL)

1bigdog

Well Known Member
Hi G3Xperts

Wonder if we can get some more info on this. The pilot guide only seems to state once installed you can read and get a reminder to check SPO2 level from a pulse Oximeter. Is this to say if the oximeter is sending via bluetooth or USB. Apparently it can be displayed on screen. Is there more info available because it's not in the install or pilots guide.

Thanks

My approach is a bit simpler.

If I wake up and I don't recognize anything I just don't touch the controls, it'll all be over soon.

what serial data is expected

You will need to install something like an Aithre EX3 with optional SP02.
On screen or Bluetooth to the Aithre app.

https://aithreaviation.com/products/aithre-shield-ex-3-0

Hi Walt. I'm not asking for a recommendation on a product. As I'm putting together the panel I'll be integrating a CO detector from scratch. If I can find something that works I'll do the same with SPO2 but that's secondary.
The G3X serial ports can be designated for a CO Detector. What I'm looking for is the expected data stream on the serial bus. I'm guessing it will work much like the resistance we get from some sensors. I'm expecting if I send plain text values with either a carriage return or comma delimited the G3X will present that but there is no data to suggest what that format might be.
I'm asking about that format.

Cheers.

Back