What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gray Self Etching Primer - Where to get in Canada?

vinzer

Well Known Member
Hello friends!

I am working on my RV-10 build and run out of primer.
For priming needs I use SEM Self Etching Primer - Gray 39681.
Unfortunately I am unable to locate a source of it in Canada (1 gallon drums). Aircraft Spruce.ca sells it (high priced) in 400ml rattle cans however I look for 1 gallon drums specifically.

Before all these border restrictions for traveling were in place I was ordering it off eBay or Walmart and receiving it at my border address in US, then importing it in to Canada.
At this time I am unable to visit my border mail so need to get the source of primer here in Canada.

Does anyone know the seller's name/web with in Canada who is able to supply SEM Gray 39681 by gallon drum ? I do not want to use rattle cans 340 or 400 ml since it takes many of these to cover wing/fuselage surfaces and cost lots of $$$. However if there is a source of same gray SEM 39681 in rattle cans at a good price I may consider getting more of these and just use that way.

Thank you for comments.

Thank you for your reply and hint. Yes, surprisingly it shows as available at Amazon.ca however still ships from United States and sold by VirVentures. So this is the same vendor/manufacturer whom I used to buy from on eBay.

The price is $226 CAD at Amazon vs $149 CAD on eBay and both get shipped from USA. Curious how Amazon ships it - I guess they use some direct ground method.

Looks like this is the only option left for me, unless I can find true Canadian source for this primer (even under different brand but with same chem specs and color).

THANK YOU !

I just did some research and was surprised to find local distributer right at my airfield :D
Order filled in, now waiting for my primer.

Great VAF community - great people!

Back