What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

An apology -- I don't know what I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl Findlay

Some months back, I posted a message on here that referred to a subject that I was misinformed about. I responded to honest attempts to correct my thinking in a negative way. The thread has since closed, so I cannot address this in the thread, but to all the Vans Air Force members that tried so hard to correct me, I am sorry that I scoffed at your attempts. You were right, and I was wrong.

I have since received instruction from a very capable RV CFI and I have learned more than I ever thought that I could know about many topics related to the RV.

Please accept my humble apologies, and know that I will always strive to do better, and to remember this valuable lesson.

Humbly,

Earl

Another place where a "like" button would be handier than writing a response... Maybe with the new site that's something Doug can add to the wish list. :)

Well said, Earl.

Some months back, I posted a message on here that referred to a subject that I was misinformed about. I responded to honest attempts to correct my thinking in a negative way. The thread has since closed, so I cannot address this in the thread, but to all the Vans Air Force members that tried so hard to correct me, I am sorry that I scoffed at your attempts. You were right, and I was wrong.

I have since received instruction from a very capable RV CFI and I have learned more than I ever thought that I could know about many topics related to the RV.

Please accept my humble apologies, and know that I will always strive to do better, and to remember this valuable lesson.

Humbly,

Earl

I don't know if I'd ever have the courage to make a post like this, and I admire yours. Safety starts here - recognizing your own limitations and being willing to learn.

I don't know if I'd ever have the courage to make a post like this, and I admire yours. Safety starts here - recognizing your own limitations and being willing to learn.

Earl, Turner summed up my thoughts using better words than I could.

v/r,dr

Yes. It's a really good and rare person to come forward with a post like this. The kind of guy we want to stick around!

Cheers.

Earl, it's not every man who would continue to seek knowledge and improvement the way you did. What a wonderful example!

Good for you, Sir.

Dave

A humorous note...

I the famous words of comedian Ron White... "I had the right to remain Silent, but I didn't have the ability"... that always cracks me up.

Well done... join the long line of us that have do the same thing.

I had a similar "admission of guilt" experience with a 30-30 rifle a few years ago. I accidentally fired the rifle off in the house.

I told my story on the Marlin owners forums board and instead of being flamed and bashed off the site, I was "praised", and thanked for admitting to wrong doing. My story got reposted several times by the mods as a safety reminder.

The Marlin owners forums is a great site and I don't think I've ever seen them tear someone up because the disagreed with them.

So Earl, I just have to ask...Are you a real person?

After the hornets nest got kicked over the the other thread you mentioned, some people thought that you might be just trolling to get a rise out of people.

As I recall, flight aware didn't have any RV flights in/out of Coeur d’Alene for the time frame you were talking about flying, and nobody could find your name in the FAA airman database.

Sorry if I'm off base here.

I'm with Terry. If you search "Earl Findlay" he had some earlier threads that were just as controversial. So, Earl, how about letting us know the real story. Then, I will know if I should read your posts or not.

Once again I will say it: Early Findlay does not exist and is an internet troll. Prove me wrong!

Could it be Van the man himself? I wondered the same thing when the mass formations got quenched. A bit like the STIG, we may never know.

Once again I will say it: Early Findlay does not exist and is an internet troll. Prove me wrong!

+1. Troll in my opinion unless proven otherwise.

Earl, What’s your N Number again??

[ed. Locking thread. Tired of the troll back and forth. dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back