What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question on Andair Fuel Pump & Filter

Reflex

Well Known Member
So far, I've been less than impressed with the Andair products and support. I'll not air my issues here. So, I'm stuck with the ES-PX375 pump and the FX-375-MK fuel filter. I only hope that it works as well as others have said it does when it's functioning.

When joining the pump and filter a 1/4" NPT thread is used. The specs do not say whether it is 20 or 28 threads per inch. The filter and pump are anodized aluminum.

My question is, do I use the standard 50-70 in-lbs of torque as per section 5 page 18?

I've read lots of chatter regarding this joint, but no specific answers.

My view is that the fuel system may be the most critical system on the aircraft, I'd like to get it as close to perfect as possible.

Thanks,

Fred

The torque setting that you are referring to is not for the NTP type thread, but for a 1/4 size bolt.

I am not aware of any torque setting for a NTP type thread but for sure you will need to use some lubricant such as Permatex #2 (never use Teflon tape) then thread it in till some what finger tight and then 1.5 to two more turns.
Flare connections (B nut) do not use any kind of a sealant/lubricants and have a different way of tighting. Usually finger tight and then one flat.

Hope this helps.

Back