What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel flow problem

ZemsRV4

Looking for some help diagnosing a fuel flow problem. I have a MGL Stratomaster Infinity FF-1 fuel computer with a Floscan 201 sender. It has always worked great, but all of the sudden the FF reads 1.1 gal/hr regardless of throttle/RPM. It reads 0 gal/hr with the engine off as it should. I have checked the settings, K-factor and electrical wires and all appears fine. Before I drop $400 on another Floscan that might not be the problem, I am wondering if anyone has any ideas to try. I have read that an air bubble in the sender will cause errors, but the Floscan is supposed to vent those. I did replace the fuel lines recently, but it was working fine after that. Any help would be appreciated.

Zem

I have a used Floscan sender that came in a deal for a monitor. I never used it since my plane has a Red Cube. I?ll sell it for half price and if it doesn?t fix your problem, send it back for refund.

Looking for some help diagnosing a fuel flow problem. I have a MGL Stratomaster Infinity FF-1 fuel computer with a Floscan 201 sender. It has always worked great, but all of the sudden the FF reads 1.1 gal/hr regardless of throttle/RPM. It reads 0 gal/hr with the engine off as it should. I have checked the settings, K-factor and electrical wires and all appears fine. Before I drop $400 on another Floscan that might not be the problem, I am wondering if anyone has any ideas to try. I have read that an air bubble in the sender will cause errors, but the Floscan is supposed to vent those. I did replace the fuel lines recently, but it was working fine after that. Any help would be appreciated.

Zem

Take it out and check for an obstruction or other FOD that got in there and is slowing it down.

Back