What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for a ride in a 6A

Flynfrfun

I'm looking to get a ride in a 6 or 6A anywhere around W WA. I'm in Bonney Lake and willing to drive to meet up. Got a ride in an 8 and 9A and they were sweet (thanks Darin and Andy). However I am planning on purchasing a 6A sometime next fall/winter and would really like to see one up close and personal. Happy to buy gas and lunch:)
Josh

Last edited:
RV6a Ride

Andy out of Auburn has a nice one..hes very active on FB FATPNW..you can post on that page..Youll get a ride

Andy out of Auburn has a nice one..hes very active on FB FATPNW..you can post on that page..Youll get a ride

Thanks Mdmba! I never realized FATPNW is a Facebook page until I saw the FB in your post...silly me. Joining now...

I fly out of Auburn so I'll have to see if I can take a look at Andys plane.
Josh

Just wanted to report back that I got a ride in Andy's 6A out of Auburn! Thanks everyone for your help (and thanks to Andy). His plane is very nice...love the constant speed prop! Makes takeoff fun. I'm "wallowing" in my decision process right now. I'd like a 6A, but would rather spend about 20K less and get an RV4 if I could make it work for my mission. I'm like most pilots, just want to have fun local flying for breakfast with a once/twice a year trip to Oshkosh or to AZ to visit family. I've taken my wife in the Cherokee a few times for breakfast and she does OK, but not sure if she would want to do long cross countries in a 6A. Unfortunately if I buy a 6A and later find out she doesn't want to go long distance, then I might was well just have a 4. Decisions, decisions!:eek:
Josh

Sounds like that's about all a 4 can do if you want a 1hr reserve. I contacted a fellow VAF RV4 owner and plan to take a look at his plane this weekend. I'm bringing along my wife to get her input.

Back