What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

step by step

HansLab

Well Known Member
Finally the next step: performed taxi- and speedtaxitests. Almost there, but, as they say: 90% done, some 90% to go - all kind of small issues to solve. Next week airworthiness audit, then planning for first flight. Good FF's are being done 100 times: 99 in your head and one for real. The first part is bothering me these nights..;-)) but man - how I love it.

Attachments

• proefdraaien_EHMM.jpg
    proefdraaien_EHMM.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 288
I feel humble by this comparison, Ninerbikes ;-) The truth is more coincidental.
During building I was so enthusiastic about VAN's quality, among others the drilled rivet lines - I never, ever could get these lines so straight!
When painting the plane one would probably loose that detail. So, I looked for a scheme to keep as much unpainted all as possible, yet with the possibility to colour all non-alu parts. Mondriaan is an ancient famous Dutch painter (first name Piet) that performed paintings with large blocks in primary colors.
PH-MON was stille available (after a Dutch 747 had it - nice detail)
Lots (& lots!) of elbow-grease to get it this way - and to keep it this way.
I just put the coolers on the plane (after priming) with latex: easy repair. Black lines are electrical tape (idem), and what do you know....

I feel humble by this comparison, Ninerbikes ;-) The truth is more coincidental.
During building I was so enthusiastic about VAN's quality, among others the drilled rivet lines - I never, ever could get these lines so straight!
When painting the plane one would probably loose that detail. So, I looked for a scheme to keep as much unpainted all as possible, yet with the possibility to colour all non-alu parts. Mondriaan is an ancient famous Dutch painter (first name Piet) that performed paintings with large blocks in primary colors.
PH-MON was stille available (after a Dutch 747 had it - nice detail)
Lots (& lots!) of elbow-grease to get it this way - and to keep it this way.
I just put the coolers on the plane (after priming) with latex: easy repair. Black lines are electrical tape (idem), and what do you know....

Piet Cornelis.... my father was a Cornelis, too. Been to Amersfoorte Military Museum too, where Piet was born.

Your paint job is unique, like all Experimental builds. Definitely Dutch, through and through. Wonder what Mr. van Grunsven would think?

Back